Treating any wound or cut on your pet is essential to prevent infection and self-mutilation. Thus, pet owners are always looking for rapid healer products – introducing Wound-Gard from Virbac, an Antiseptic and Bitterant Spray. Its bitter taste deters the pet from licking the affected area, and the antiseptic ensures that the wound is free from infections. Wound-Gard aids in the treatment of injuries for both dogs and cats. Read on for the complete Wound-Gard Bitterant Spray Review.
Wound-Gard Bitterant Spray – Wound-Gard is an antiseptic and bitterant spray which aids in the treatment of wounds of dogs and cats to help prevent infection and self-mutilation. Apply liberally to the affected area three times daily. Apply liberally to the affected area three times daily.
Recommended products for allergy and Itching in Dogs
- Nettle-Eyebright Gold for Dogs with Allergies
- Itch Support Gold for Dogs
- Itchy Owie Quick-Dry Gel for Dogs’ Skin
- 4 Paws Recovery Cream for Dog Paws
What is Virbac Wound-Gard Antiseptic Bitterant Spray?
Manufactured by Virbac, Wound-Gard is an antiseptic Bitterant spray useful to treat normal as well as post-surgical wounds in dogs and cats. This specially designed liquid formulation with antiseptic and expectorant ingredients provide rapid recovery by disinfecting the wounds and preventing self-mutilation. It comes in an easy to use topical spray. This bitter tasting spray prevents the pet from licking the wound and prevents further damage. It reduces the chances of new infection by healing wounds, abrasions, and lesions at a rapid pace.
This highly safe treatment ensures fast healing with little transient discomforts.
Why choose Wound-Gard?
- Antiseptic and Antifungal Activity – It treats wound & helps prevent infection. It contains chlorhexidine which is particularly effective against gram-positive bacteria and capable of killing gram-negative bacteria. It also contains phenoxyethanol which is mainly effective against gram-negative bacteria including Pseudomonas.
- Anti-chew Bittering Agent – Its strong bitter taste dissuades the animal from licking the wound and biting at sutures. Injuries left alone by the animal can heal in a short period.
- Mild local anesthetic properties – It contains menthol to offer antipruritic, mild local anesthetic & counter-irritant properties. It also prevents self-mutilation and encourages normal wound healing.
- Safe & easy to use – This product is safe to use on wounds and readily applicable by the owner. It is perfect for inclusion in animal first aid kits
- Size and Price – It is available in a 50mL bottle that price around $11.
Wound-Gard Bitterant Spray Benefits
- It is antiseptic, antifungal bitterant spray
- Aids in the treatment of wounds
- Prevent infection and self-mutilation
- Helpful for both dogs and cats
- Easy to apply to spray with antiseptic properties
- Its bitter taste discourages the pet from licking the wound, resulting in quick healing
- This Topical spray with bitterant property treats almost all types of injuries
- It is suitable for ordinary wound care or post-surgical wound treatment.
- It ensures quick recovery without any side effects.
- The liquid formulation is easy to use
How does Virbac Wound-Gard work?
This product made using healthy, powerful ingredients helps to recover wounds faster. Its key elements possess antifungal and antiseptic property that treats and prevents wound infection. Plus, the bittering agent in Wound-Gard disables animals from licking the wound and biting at sutures to avoid further damage. With the mild local anesthetic, it further prevents self-mutilation and enhances the normal healing process.
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate 10 g/L
- Menthol 5 g/L
- Denatonium Benzoate 200 mg/L
- Phenoxyethanol 20 mL/L
- Eucalyptus Oil 10 mL/L
Wound-Gard Directions To Use
Shake the bottle very well before use. The standard treatment involves spraying liberally to the affected area 3 times a day. As a guide, use 3–4 pumps of spray for each 2cm length of the wound. Or otherwise, use the spray as per the veterinarian’s advice. In rare cases, if the treated pet display signs of temporary discomfort, seek veterinarian advice.
Wound-Gard Bitterant Spray Indications
- This product aids in the treatment of dogs’ and cats’ wounds. It helps prevent infection and self-mutilation.
- It is recommended for use in dogs and cats with wounds, especially where protection of sutures is significant or where the infection is a possibility.
- Useful for dogs and cats with eczema, dermatoses or granuloma.
Wound-Gard Safety/ Warnings
- Keep the spray away from pet’s eyes and if it accidentally enters the pet’s eyes, rinse off immediately.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight
- Store it in temperatures below 30 degree Celsius.
- Keep away from children, pets, and foodstuff.
- It is highly safe for use in all breeds and sizes of dogs.
- Use rubber gloves while applying the spray, to prevent skin and eye irritation.
- Consult a veterinarian if the pet shows sign of irritation or inflammation.
- Wash your hands immediately after applying it to your pet
Wound-Gard Bitterant Spray Side Effects/ Contraindications
There are no side effects or contraindications found of using this product. It is safe to use for all types of wounds in dogs and cats.
Wound-Gard Bitterant Spray Customer Reviews
This product has received fantastic feedback from Pet owners. Users say it is an excellent product for your pet. It is affordable, effective and unique for any wounds. It treats without any threat of infection and gives fast results. Below are few real customer testimonials –
- Katie says the bitter taste of this treatment discourages her furry pet to lick the wounded area thus providing enough time to heal.
- Simon says this bitterant heals wounds from the inside out. Though, it takes some time, but is the best wound healer for cats and dogs ever found.
Wound-Gard Bitterant Spray Conclusion
The liquid formulation of Wound-Gard spray bottle makes it very convenient to use. Moreover, its bitter taste avoids your pet from licking the affected area, resulting in faster healing. Thus, next time if your lovable pet has an injury or wound, use only Wound-Gard. It is must have in your animal’s first aid kit. Buy today.