Sprayshield Animal Deterrent Spray is a product that helps you to protect yourself from aggressive dogs whenever you are taking a walk or jogging around the neighborhood. It is a safe and effective spray that can interrupt a dog from attacking you thus giving you time to escape. Read on to know how exactly can Sprayshield Animal Deterrent Spray works for you.
Sprayshield Animal Deterrent Spray Pros & Cons
- Works on low to moderate aggressive dogs
- Can be used on house pets also (if they get aggressive)
- Comes with citronella fragrance that is pungent and repulsive on animals
- Includes a clip-on for your belt for easy carry
- One can of formula sprays up to 10 feet for max. 12 seconds
- Price is just affordable
- May not work on all animals
- Might be unable to stop highly aggressive behavior in animals
But before that a few statistics. Did you know that 4.5 million dog bites have been reported every year in the USA with more than 600,000 people calling for medical attention? Every day, around 1000 US citizens need emergency treatment for dog bite.
- The average cost of dog bite-related hospital expenses amounts to $18,200 i.e. 50% higher than normal injury related expense.
- Of 88 fatal dog attacks recorded by dogsbite.org, pit bull breeds were the most responsible for 59% of fatality.
- Molosser breeds, pit bulls, rottweilers, cane corsos, sharpeis, boxers etc. can inflict physical harm – 86% of attacks that can brutally hurt the body, 81% attacks on children, and 89% of adults.
How does Sprayshield Animal Deterrent Spray work?
Dogs are of unpredictable nature. You never know what mood they are in. Imagine taking a visit to shelter, or walking/jogging in a dog-residing neighborhood when a dog tries to attack you. Sprayshield Animal Deterrent Spray can be your best support during such panicky moments.
Sprayshield Animal Deterrent Spray has been tested for its effectiveness on trained attack dogs. It results in being a best alternative to 10% pepper spray.
So when a dog gets aggressive and is ready to pounce on you, (1) use the deterrent spray and (2) run as if your legs are going to fall off. On a serious note, the spray gives you a good amount of time to get out of the place thus inhibiting injury. It is a powerful tool that comes with citronella spray that dogs hate. It creates a pungent aroma that confuses the animal. When used on aggressive dog’s nose, it distracts the dog without raising the aggressive behavior.
But the usage is not limited. The spray can be used to calm pet dogs as well who get aggressive at times. In fact, there are many users who can vouch for this fact.
Features of Sprayshield Animal Deterrent Spray
- Citronella spray that creates a strong odor which distracts the dog’s attention
- Does not trigger any adverse reactions
- Safe alternative to pepper spray
- Protect yourself, your pet and others as well
- Compact can which comes with handy belt/pocket clip
- One can contain enough formula to spray up to 10 ft. stream till 12 seconds
Warnings & Instructions
How to use
- Shake the bottle for 1-2 seconds.
- Slide trigger right for activating it.
- Aim the nozzle at the animal’s nose and depress it.
- The spray strength can reach up to 10 feet.
A full can will spray continuously for 12 seconds. To lock the nozzle, lift the red tab and slide it to the left till it is locked.
Are there any side effects?
Sprayshield Animal Deterrent Spray has been deemed safe to use. So far, there have been no side effects reported.
However, here are few first aid measures for your information.
- INHALED – If at all you or any of your family/friends have inhaled the spray, move them to a place and breathe fresh air. You can provide oxygen if breathing becomes difficult. If the affected person is not breathing, administer CPR and seek immediate medical attention.
- EYES – Remove contact lenses (if wearing). Flush eyes immediately with clean running water for 15-20 minutes while keeping the eyes open. If you feel the irritation persists or becomes severe, get medical help.
- SKIN – Wash the affected area with soap and lukewarm water. If skin irritation persists, contact your physician.
You can read about more precautionary measures here at http://www.dogcollarsboutique.com/skin1/premier-pdf/MSDS_SprayShield.pdf
Sprayshield Animal Deterrent Spray Consumer Reviews
The product has received 4 out of 5-star ratings from amazon users. The majority of the consumers have loved the product and claim it has helped them a lot. For instance, there are pet owners who use Sprayshield Animal Deterrent Spray on their pet dogs who can get aggressive when they see something or meet other pets. The fact that it does not harm the dog in any manner which is a relief for many pet owners. This is because the pungent smell can surprise him and defunct angry nature. In regard to customer support, the company provides rapid delivery with neat packaging.The Sprayshield animal deterrent spray is available at lowest price in Dog Collars Boutique.
Just like any other product, there are downsides to this product as well. For instance, a bunch of users claim that the product does not work on large dogs or highly aggressive dogs. The company does send out a warning that the Sprayshield Animal Deterrent Spray works only on low-medium aggressive dogs. It might not work on dogs who are highly motivated and physical resistance is the only way to stop these animals from attacking.
One user claims the quality of the spray is quite poor. The belt clip came off and wouldn’t stick back. Even the push button broke within a few days of carrying them around. Another consumer says that this spray was used to dissolve a fight between two dogs but the aggressor dog was unfazed by the spray.
Here are few direct stop animal deterrent spray reviews from pet owners and consumers.
Positive sprayshield animal deterrent spray review
- Heather J. Mitchell – “I got this for my two dogs. I take my dogs every day twice and there are a lot of stray dogs in my neighborhood. Yesterday, I used it for the first time. A big dog came with his teeth gnarling. I waited for a while as I didn’t want to hurt it. But then I had no other choice. I sprayed in dog’s face from 2-3 feet back and it hit the dog right on. The dog didn’t cry or whine but just squished his face and ran in other direction. I could tell the smell was unpleasant. So happy to see it works.”
- Mark Berry – “My two pit-mixed breeds love each but every now and then engages in a fight without warning. No posing or grunting. I am so happy I was able to separate without getting them injured. It didn’t hurt their eye and there was no irritation. I like having the citronella smell. My room smelled of orange afterward.”
- J Kempenich – “I bought this months ago when I adopted a new dog. I have used this spray only once but it works amazingly. As I walking my dog one day, a male dog approached us and started growling. I sprayed it straight to his nose. He sneezed a few times, backed up and just walked away. Later I found that this dog had killed many small animals in the neigbourhood area. So grateful for this spray.”
- Aaron P – “I wanted this product to work so badly but I used them on two large dogs of mine. It was only then that I verified the fact that this product does not work on large dogs.”
- Christine Johnson – “I used this on two dogs who were fighting. The aggressive dog ignored the effect of spray. However, I was able to calm them after a while. The only effect they gave was blinking their eyes twice and shook their heads, that’s all. If only I had managed to grab the spray before the situation was escalated.”
- Teresa Diservio – “The Sprayshield Animal Deterrent Spray will work if only I could get the can open. I purchased two of the push-button but both broke after a while of carrying it around. The packaging too was poor – the clip came off and just won’t stick back. So you can’t clip when you are taking your dog for a walk. You can put it in your pocket if you want. But overall, disappointed.”
Shipping and Returns
Dog Collars Boutique offers you free shipping on orders above $30 and more anywhere in the USA. If you are ordering more than $99 or more, Dog Collars Boutique offers free shipping worldwide.
The company offers 60-day return policy. Just return the product in original condition (as you received them) and you will be eligible for a refund.
Few questions often asked by users
Is petsafe® sprayshield animal deterrent spray available in the UK?
Yes, you can buy sprayshield animal deterrent spray in the UK or other countries such as Australia. Since Dog Collars Boutique offers international shipping, you will be delivered the product within no time.
Does sprayshield animal deterrent spray come with a belt clip?
Yes, this sprayshield animal deterrent citronella spray comes with a belt clip for easy hook-on on your waist.
Will premier spray shield animal deterrent spraybreak up a fight that is already in progress?
While this is a difficult call, there are few users who claim that spraying this formula “pauses” the ongoing fight. Nevertheless, if your dog is quite aggressive, it is best to consult a pet behavioralist.
Can I use this in a state that does not allow the use of pepper spray? Can I use it on a person?
The sprayshield animal deterrent spray does not hurt any dog. But it can make the dog stink and back-off. The smell can stop the approaching dog, if not hurt them. Spray shield is legal in all states because it is made out of highly concentrated (and natural) citronella. But it won’t stop a mugger.
Sprayshield animal deterrent spray is an excellent product that will help you to shoo away an approaching dangerous dog. There are users who strongly agree to this point. While this product works for low/medium aggressive dogs, chances of driving away a very aggressive dog is skeptical. However, there are many users who keep this product handy in case situation goes out of control. After all, safety comes first.