- All Natural ingredients
- Safe – No side effects
- Regulates hydration and urinations
- Regulates appetite and energy levels
Kidney disease is one of the common diseases found in the dogs and cats when they age. But kidney diseases can be any infection, presence of stones, or chronic kidney failure etc. The causes may be different from microorganism, breed, injury, diabetes, or high blood pressure. It is important to detect the disease at the early stage itself to ensure successful treatment. The diagnosis can be done by noticing any changes in the behavior or habits of the pets or to confirm through fluid tests.
Recommended Products for Kidney problems and UTI in Dogs
Symptoms of Kidney Disease in Dogs and Cats
Early Detection can be done by looking at some of the signs or symptoms shown by the pets. All or some of the symptoms will be found on the diseased pets. But there are cases when there will not be any kind of symptoms appearing or cases where the symptoms go unnoticed. To avoid these situations one need to have a closer look at the lives of their pets to know when they are in trouble or to make sure that they are having a peaceful and trouble free life. The common symptoms of kidney troubles are:
- Increase in thirst makes them drink more water and so will be the amount and frequency in urination.
- There might be cases like reduced urination known as Oliguria.
- Sometimes there will not be urination and it might be completely stopped. This condition is Anuria.
- Urination at night can be another sign of something wrong in the kidneys.
- The appetite of the dog or cat will be reduced and there will be a sudden weight loss also.
- The pet may feel fatigue. A hunched over posture will be visible and a reluctance to walk or move can be a sure sign of kidney trouble.
- Diarrhea and vomiting are symptoms of chronic kidney disorder.
Many of these signs may also indicate some other diseases and may not necessarily be of kidney troubles. But in case these symptoms are visible an immediate consultation with the veterinarian must be done to know what is troubling these poor things. Once the diagnosis is done the treatment can star at the earliest to give them their health back to normal.
What is the best diet for dogs with kidney disease?
Read on to know how kidney disease occurs in a dog and how dog diet works in your pet’s favor thereby ensuring a healthier kidney.
A dog has to go throw out a lot of waste toxins that needs to be excreted from the body. Mostly, the toxins circulates in the kidneys where it is filtered before it is eliminated from your bloodstream and thereto as urine from the dog’s body. When the kidney functions start to shake, the ability to develop urine falters and the body needs more water to remove the toxins. This results in dogs drinking more water and urinating even more. Ultimately, the dog gives up and the level of toxin rises resulting in kidney failure. Some of the symptoms often noticed in dogs are fatigue, loss of appetite, vomiting, weight loss.
Here are some of the diet foods that may be included in dog’s diet:
- Canned pet foods are much better than dry food as they are more prone to dehydrate your pet’s body causing them to drink more water. So try opting for canned food in your dog’s diet which balances the pet’s intake and improve the hydration.
- Cut down sald and calcium in your dog’s diet as it can easily provoke kidney’s stone.
- Add good amount of potassium and fatty acids such as omega 3 and 6 in your pet’s food.
- Antioxidants like vitamin E, vitamin C work like a charm in your dog’s diet and can be included.
- Decrease the levels of phosphorus and protein from your dog’s diet to balance the kidney’s function
Apart from all the dog diet, it is important to maintain dog’s kidneys by adding herbal supplements such as Kidney Support Gold. OTC antibiotics such as Benazepril (often used to treat kidney problems) disturbs the bodily function and develops side effects such as vomiting, low blood pressure etc. Pregnant dogs may lose their puppies if ingested with this medicine.
Kidney Support Gold is made out of herbal extracts such as astralagus root, dong quai root, etc. among many others that act as immune modulating agent, supports the kidney and liver functions etc. As it is a herbal product, you need not worry about its side effects. It has received lot of positive reviews from many pet owners claiming it works effectively when combined with dog’s diet. The only point to be noted is it SHOULD NOT be given to dogs who are consuming blood thinners. However, for your peace of mind, always consult your dog’s VET before ingesting any medicine.
Natural Herbs to Cure kidney disease in dogs
Taking prescribed drugs or vitamin supplements may not be the only ways to a better kidney health there are a few herbs that are useful for renal health when included in the daily diet or as an additional supplement.
- Astragalus is an excellent herb to maintain a good kidney health since it can treat diabetes and blood pressure that are two main causes for kidney failure.
- Basil is strengthening for kidneys and basil juice can expel kidney stones in a span of 6 months. Basil also has detoxifying effects and drinking water
- Belladonna is useful in treating many kidney diseases. It can be a remedy for chronic congestive stages and for renal capillary engorgement.
- Berberis vulgaris can dissolve the kidney stone and enhances better kidney health. This is more useful when the urine is dark yellow with the presence of a reddish sediment.
- Berries- Cranberry can prevent urinary infections by making urine more acidic. Blueberries can reduce inflammation and raspberries can reduce the free radicals and is an excellent ingredient for a kidney health smoothie.
- Budrock can maintain body fluid level and can also act as a body cleanser and flushes out toxins.
- Cantharis is an excellent remedy for any kind of kidney related diseases. It is a fast pain reliever and can relieve cramps due to kidney stones or of kidney infections.
- Cucumber juice and radish are a natural diuretic and can also be a natural cleanser by flushing the toxins out of the system.
- Dandelion is rich in minerals and can maintain blood sugar level thus avoiding risk of diabetes and can have healthy kidneys.
- Garlic – Using garlic powder can be beneficial when following a dialysis diet. Garlic can reduce inflammation and can relieve any infections of kidneys effectively.
- Green Tea is anti-inflammatory and diuretic in nature. It can restrain the kidney stones.
- Uva Ursi is a wonderful urinary antiseptic and has anti-bacterial properties with which it can disinfect the kidneys or urinary tract. This is a preventive and not a treatment method.