Heartgard Plus is meaty flavored chewable tablets for dogs that help protect against heartworms, roundworm, and hookworm. They are available in separate dosages to administer them to dogs’ having different weights. This article describes the details about Green Heartgard Plus chewable tablets For Dogs between 26-50 lbs.
What Is Heartgard Plus 26- 50 lbs?
Heartgard Plus 26-50 lbs is a beef flavored chewable tablet for dogs. It should be given orally only once in a month. It provides protection against heartworms and treats and prevents the roundworm and hookworm.
What Benefits Does Heartgard Plus Green Chewable 26- 50 Lbs Offers?
Heartgard Plus is for dogs at the age of 6 weeks or more and has no weight requirement. Its benefits are –
- It is the tastiest beef flavor heartworm chewable tablet
- One tablet protects your pet for one complete month.
- It prevents the heartworm, roundworm, and hookworm efficiently.
- It is able to destroy heartworm larvae at the starting stage.
- The tablet is not restricted to any weight limitation for dogs over 6 weeks.
- Buy from bestdealpetsupply.com to avail the best price plus only $ 3.99 shipping Charges.
What Are Heartgard plus chewables Active Ingredients?
The only two active ingredients in this tablet are
- Ivermectin (136 mcg)
- Pyrantel (114 mcg).
How Does Heartgard plus Work?
Ivermectin, a broad-spectrum antiparasitic medication included in Heartgard plus helps to prevent heartworms. It destroys the heartworm larvae and pupae at the early stage itself. It also has Pyrantel Pamoate, an anthelmintic that helps in controlling and treating roundworm and hookworm. Once administered correctly, the medication goes into the body and destroys the immature form of the heartworm.
What Are Heartgard plus Dosage Directions?
Administer Heartgard plus once a month on the same day of each month year-round to prevent heartworm disease. The usual dose of the green pack for 26-50 lbs is 1 tablet/ month. Heartgard plus Chewables are for dogs only, so do not give to cats. It is not for swallowing in whole, but can be broken and fed to dogs as pieces, or crumbled and mixed with food.
Are There Any Warnings?
Heartgard plus tablets are not for swallowing, it’s just for chewing. However, the tablets can be broken into pieces while dosing. Watch the dog closely after dosing to ensure your dog eats the entire tablet to get whole month protection. If the dog does not swallow the whole tablet, give one more full recommended dose as soon as possible. Strictly follow the recommended dose of one tablet once every month. Even continue dosing during winter months. If the dosage gets a skip for more than two months, then contact your veterinarian to continue the tablet.
What Are The Cautions Related With Heartgard Plus?
Do not use this medication for dogs allergic to it. Perform Heartworm testing prior to the start of prevention therapy. If the animal is off this drug for 6 months or less, start the medication and test after 6 months. This is because, the microfilaria, may take 6 months to mature, and can result in a positive test report.
Are There Any Possible Heartgard Plus Side Effects?
There are no reported side effects of Heartgard Plus when taken in the recommended dosage. However, higher doses in dogs may cause tremors, dilated pupils, and loss of body weight and death. Heartgard Tablets are safe for all sizes and breeds of dogs. It is approved and safe for use in puppies as young as 6 weeks, small dogs regardless of weight, pregnant or breeding bitches, stud dogs, and Collies.
What Heartgard Plus For Dogs 26-50 lbs Best Price Is?
The Heartgard Plus from Merial is available in two types of packages. You can buy 6 pack or 12 pack of this product. Buy this product from bestdealpetsupply.com to have the best prices.
Why Is Heartgard Plus The Most Popular Heartworm Medications?
Heartgard Plus has the reputation of being the only FDA approved Heartworm preventive. Moreover, it offers a unique combination of soft chew and real beef that dogs love. Its formation is in such a way that it won’t look like medicine but a treat which makes easy for pet owners to feed their pets. Most dogs love the taste of Heartgard Plus as it has a beef flavor which dogs will easily chew like real beef.
Customers Reviews Heartgard Plus
Many pet owners are very happy with the Heartgard Plus effectiveness. Most of them say it is a great product, works well and has no issues with the dog. But there are few customer reviews saying the product is not preventive enough and their pets test reports were positive with heartworms.
- Holly Weaver says she uses only Heartgard Plus for her dogs. This is the real stuff at a great discounted price.
- Lynn has been buying Heartgard Plus for Charlie since long. She never had a problem with this product. This product works well as all his examinations are always clear. Moreover, the big plus is Charlie loves the bone inside the box, so he eats them easily.
- MCPC says he is very happy with Heartgard plus chewable. They are easy to administer. His dog loves its taste and eats it so quickly and wanting more.
- Vince’s dog loves these tablets so no need to hide in any other food to administer. He is using for more than 5 years and the dog has never had any issues during his yearly check-ups
- Shout was shocked when his vet informed about hookworm in his lab. He was using Heartgard for over a year and administers it every month on schedule. The dog is his only dog and he does not visit Dog parks. He has very limited exposure and Heartgard was supposed to protect him from hookworm but it didn’t.
- Ron is giving his dog Heartgard for over 10 years. And now it was diagnosed with Heartworms. Its treatment cost was very difficult and doesn’t fit his budget. So he decided not to treat him. He was spending money for the last 10 years on Heartgard and in the end, it disappoints him.
Heartgard Plus For Dogs 26-50 lbs – Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if one misses giving a dose of Heartgard Plus?
Give the missed dose as soon as you remember. But do not give a double dose of the medication.
What to do if an accidental overdose of Heartgard Plus occurs?
It is best to seek emergency veterinary medical treatment.
What to avoid while giving Heartgard Plus to my pet?
As humans can contract hookworm from animals like dogs, so it is important to maintain good personal hygiene. It is also important to get rid of fleas on the pet and in the household. Never feed the pet rodents or uncooked meat or fish. To prevent dogs from a recurrence of infection, regularly clean pet’s stool.
What other drugs can affect Heartgard Plus?
Do not give Heartgard Plus to your pet if already taking another heartworm medication.
Heartgard Plus (Green) For Dogs 26-50 lbs – Conclusion
This is one of the best and most favored medication for preventing heartworms, roundworm and hookworm in dogs. If you are looking for any heartworms preventive, then buy Heartgard Plus with full confidence.