Why are you killing your favorite doggy?? Is she not a kid for you?? Think are you not the one……… Dogs are all like human beings only, who suffer from bad immune system if not supplemented with proper vitamins. They also require vegetables, starch, and meat. Lack of healthy diet leads to problems like thyroid destruction, muscle and blood disorders. When you can have only home-cooked foods, then why not your dogs???
This is an extremely serious issue. Barbara Taylor Laino ( Certified Organic Farmer) cooks her own dog food. In an interview made by JoAnna Lou, she said her dog Aurora had irritable bowel syndrome. How her first experimentation of homemade diet completely disappeared the disease. From that time onwards she is indulged in conducting a popular workshop for making homemade dog and cat foods.
All your dog wants a complex and balanced diet. But feeding them is complicated than anything. While making a diet all aspects like minute percentage of calcium, protein, and everything should be kept in mind.
- Certain things should be avoided for dogs: It’s not recommended to include these items while preparing the food namely onions, raisins, grapes, coffee, walnuts, spices(cayenne, paprika) and raw yeast dough.
- Certain things should be used on a limited basis: They include butter, dairy foods, cooking oils like canola oil, corn etc.
- Protein: The following protein sources are good for your dogs. Mainly liver should be included in the diet. Besides this, there are chicken, lamb, fish, beef, beans, and eggs which should be used in moderation.
- Vegetables: Some vegetables should be avoided and the following should be included carrots, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, celery, cucumbers, and pumpkin.
- Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates contains fiber needed for a healthy digestion. The good sources are brown rice, cooked potatoes, pasta without oil and salt, oatmeal and yams. Usually, it is recommended to serve our dog with 50% vegetables, 40% protein, and 10% starch.
Some of the tips not to do while preparing dog food
- Avoid using salt, pepper or any kind of seasoning to their food.
- It’s good to use fresh vegetables rather than going for frozen items.
- When you buy canned veggies examine for their lowest salt content.
- Always prepare the food in large batches.
- Consult with your vet before changing your dog’s diet. Ask the person whether any additional nutritional supplements are required for your pet.
Here is a recipe for a healthy home-cooked dog food
- Keep a pot filled with water and bring it to boil.
- Add chopped potatoes including the skin to the boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Now add beef or boneless chicken of your choice to the bowl. With this add fresh vegetables like peas, carrots, and spinach. Also, add oatmeal to this and keep for boiling.
- Finally, remove this pot from the heat and let it cool. Store the food in freezer containers for future use.