Apple cider vinegar is an effective way to get rid of flea on dogs naturally. The very first time you find a flea on your dog, it’s time to take action. Fleas can be a real pest, causing irritation and itching. There are many flea-repellents available on stores. Unfortunately, most of them are toxic for our pets and family. This includes standard flea collars, flea and tick treatment pills and topical treatments as well. With apple cider vinegar, don’t worry about the health warnings as it is a healthy treatment for people and animals to get rid of fleas. Apple cider vinegar has been used for centuries as a natural flea repellent, on both people and animals. Read on to know how to get rid of fleas and ticks using Apple Cider Vinegar For Dogs.
Apple Cider Vinegar For Dogs – Treating Ticks And Fleas On Dogs Naturally
Applying diluted apple cider vinegar on your pet’s skin seem repulsive to fleas and ticks. Rub a bit of ACV onto your dog’s fur. Or else, dilute ACV with water in a sprayer. Spray your pet whenever he or she is going out. Adding a splash of unpasteurized ACV to your dog’s water bowl also works well. It acts as a natural flea repellent. Apple cider vinegar also improves your pet’s overall health.
Flea And Tick Remedy With Apple Cider Vinegar For Dogs
- Instead of spraying ACV directly on your pet’s skin, make a dilution. Applying ACV on his fur directly, can cause skin irritation.
- You can mix apple cider vinegar in dog’s water. All you have to do is mix 1 cup of ACV with 1 quart warm water. This dilution is powerful enough to deal with fleas and ticks.
- Adding 2-3 drops of lavender or cedar oil to the mixture can help repel the fleas and ticks from your pet. The scent of these oil will keep the fleas and ticks away. It also adds a pleasant smell to the solution.
- Adding 2 ounces of Aloe Vera gel to the mix, moisturizes your pet’s skin and repel the fleas.
- Apple Cider Vinegar For Dogs is a healthy treatment to get rid of fleas and ticks. It is non-toxic to dogs and cats. If your pet has sensitive skin, change the proportion of ACV to water. Change the ration to one part ACV for three parts water.
- Before applying the mixture onto your pet’s fur, wear gloves and long-sleeve clothes. Fleas and ticks can bite humans too. It’s important to protect yourself while treating your pet. Wear rubber gloves, a long-sleeve shirt and long pants to get rid of flea bites.
More on home remedies…
- Completely spray the solution on your pet’s skin. Make sure to spray every part of his/her fur. Cover their eyes. The solution can irritate your dog’s eyes.
- Use a flea comb. Before you rinse your pet, comb through the wet fur. Work section by section. Comb through your pet’s fur to remove the ticks and fleas. Each time you comb through the fur, dip the comb in a bowl of soapy water. This helps to get rid of the fleas on the comb. Look for a comb that is specific for fleas. A regular comb is not effective in flea removal. By now, the fleas will come out from your pet’s fur easily. Once you are done with combing, rinse and wash your pet in warm water.
- While combing her fur, check for ticks. If you see a tiny bump, remove it carefully using a pair of tweezers.
- Apple Cider Vinegar For Dogs treatment must be routine. Fleas have a life cycle that lasts for a few weeks. So if you missed any fleas on the first round, they may lay more eggs and cause a re-infestation. Repeat the ACV treatment every few days until you no longer see any signs of fleas.
- Once the fleas are gone, repeat it once, every week. This ensures that your pet doesn’t get fleas.
Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar On Dogs
The benefit of Apple cider vinegar for dogs is you can use them both internally and externally. Vets say that apple cider vinegar has a number of benefits on both dogs and people. These include;
- ACV relieves or prevents arthritis
- It improves digestion
- Apple Cider Vinegar For Dogs acts as a urinary system tonic. In fact, it is a good remedy for urinary tract infections. Apple cider vinegar prevents the formulation of kidney and bladder stones.
- You can use ACV solution to improve the growth and condition of hair and fur.
- ACV is used in dogs to reduce skin flaking and to get rid of pet dander.
- Apple Cider Vinegar For Dogs can work as a natural flea-repellent.
- It acts as a natural anti-biotic and prevents the growth of infectious bacteria and viruses.
- Relieves muscle fatigue
- ACV helps your dog get relief from itching and scratching.
- Improves the dog’s ability to cope with cold temperatures.
- Reduces hock and elbow calluses.
- Clean dog ear infection using apple cider vinegar.
Apple cider vinegar for dogs may be an “un-proven remedy” by FDA standards. But many dog owners have known its benefits, both internal and external. Because it is inexpensive and non-toxic, Apple Cider Vinegar For Dogs is still one of the best home remedies to get rid of fleas and ticks.