This article is supported by our readers. We earn a commission through links with no extra cost to you.
- Available in Dry , Canned or Raw
- Holistic, Healthy and safe
- Natural ingredients
- Whole ingredients
- Fresh ingredients
- Raw ingredients
Apple cider vinegar is a god send remedy for dogs that can be used for so many discomforts. In fact it could be your reach-for-all-problems as far as the dog care is concerned. Apple cider vinegar can be used both internally and externally for the dogs to maintain their health.
Apple Cider Vinegar Varieties
ACV is available in two forms. Most of us know only about the clear liquid. That one is the pasteurized processed one. Though it is effective it is not health as the raw, organic, unprocessed variety. You will get this cloudy liquid that is the best for your dogs. The raw form retains all its nutrients, known as mother of vinegar. This form contains lots of enzymes from the fermentation.
There are so many ways ACV could be used for dog’s health. Here are 5 of those simple uses of it that comes highly recommended for the most common problems faced by the dogs and their owners.
« Garlic for Dogs | Is Garlic Safe for Dogs? Do You Really Need It? This Will Help You Decide! Liver Disease In Dogs – Signs, Symptoms, & Diagnosis »
- Flea repellant: The most common problem with dogs is flea infestation. Apple cider vinegar is the quick remedy for this problem. Use equal ACV in the bathing water for dogs, or make a body spray with equal parts of ACV and water to spray over the dogs. The acidic nature of ACV will kill and repel the fleas that they will flee the dog’s body. Use the same to clean the other possible infested surfaces for a thorough cleaning. ACV could be administered internally. Add a little amount of it in the drinking water or food of the dog. This will regulate the pH level of its body towards acidic that repels the fleas and can prevent their attack.
- Keeps skin and coat healthy: Using apple cider vinegar in the bathing water will also help make their skin healthy and shinier. It is the best option for a quick remedy for dry and itchy skin in dogs. Regular usage will also bring the skin health back to normalcy and softens the texture. At the same time, the apple cider vinegar is also a deodorizer that reduces the pet odor. Prepare a body spray and keep it ready and use it on dogs whenever you have guests. It can also be used as the dog shampoo. Just add half a cup of ACV in warm water and a quarter cup of dish detergent or regular shampoo.
- For dental health: Bad breath in dogs is another major problem faced by the owners. Some have unpleasant odors while others have just plain stinky breath. Apple cider vinegar can be used to wash the dog’s teeth. It can destroy the plaque formation on the teeth and gradually erase the problem. This will also prevent tooth decay in them. Use diluted ACV to dip the tooth brush and use it directly.
- Good for arthritis: Adding one teaspoon or tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (depending on the weight of the dog) in its water or food regularly can help relieve the arthritis pain. The acidic nature of ACV helps break down the calcium deposits in the joints to provide relief. Use this method twice a week regularly to see major recovery. Continued use can make the joints more flexible for the dogs. This works wonders in the elder dogs that gradually get inflexible joints. ACV is one way to maintain their joint health.
- Digestive remedy: Apple cider vinegar is a quick remedy for diarrhea and constipation in dogs. Add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water and feed it to the dog to relieve diarrhea. Add one tablespoon of ACV in a glass of water, and feed it 2-3 times a day. Repeat the same every day for a week to get relief from constipation.