Just like the human body, pets especially dogs are more susceptible to a plethora of diseases. If you watch your dog itching constantly or chewing its paw frequently then you should come to its rescue as these may be significant signals of yeast dermatitis or commonly known as fungal infection.
Fungal infection is the result of yeast overgrowth, commonly on around the pet’s paw, ear canals, armpits, jowls, anal area or parts having skins folds. Therefore, it is the pet owner duty to clean dog skin and coat regularly. You will find a wide variety of best Antifungal Shampoos for dogs available online to help you clean your pet thoroughly. So here I am to share with you the Best 3 Antifungal Dog Shampoo that can be conveniently bought Online. The content details are as under.
What Criteria Should Be Considered On Selecting A Dog Shampoo?
- Anti-Fungal constituents – Yeast is a kind of Fungi and it the most important thing to consider when selecting a shampoo. Select the best dog shampoo with a mixture of anti-fungal components. Dog shampoos with high antifungal and antibacterial properties are the best since they provide better dog yeast infection relief.
- Natural ingredients – Usually a dog shampoo contains some chemicals that may strip your dog’s skin of its natural oil and color. At times, it may result in inflammation or burning of the skin layer. Thus, it is very important to choose a shampoo made from natural ingredients to treat a yeast infection surrounding the dog skin.
- Price – Sometimes it may happen that Antibacterial antifungal shampoo for the dog may offer no change on the underlying dog yeast infection. Often, these expensive dog shampoos cannot treat a yeast infection, resulting in a need for a surgery. Therefore, experiment using antifungal dog shampoo and if you don’t see any improvement, then stop using them. Buying expensive shampoos which do not improve the dog condition is meaningless.
How do Antifungal Dog Shampoos help In Fungal Infections?
Antifungal Dog Shampoos are designed to either attack the symptoms of the fungal infection or the infection causing fungus. There are specially formulated dog shampoos to treat each kind of infections. You may also find dog shampoos for general use, anti-parasites, antibacterial and many more. You can conveniently buy the best antifungal dog shampoo online that is suitable for your pet. However, antibacterial antifungal dog shampoo contains some key chemicals that are potent against some disease for a certain dosage, so you should consult your vet for the correct shampoo and the right dose to administer.
Best 3 Antifungal Dog Shampoo
From the large collection of antifungal dog shampoo sold online, here are the best 3 you can try to help your pet offer fungus infection relief.
PetArmor Antibacterial Antifungal Shampoo
- Product Description – PetArmor Antibacterial Antifungal dog Shampoo is a dual-action shampoo that fights bacterial as well as fungal skin infections. It combines two ingredients that are popularly known to help fight bacteria, yeast, and fungal infections. This easy-to-use dog yeast infection shampoo cleans and conditions your dog’s coat as well as leaves behind a fresh citrus scent.
- Features – The PetArmor Antibacterial Antifungal Shampoo contains two active ingredients known to be antifungal and antibacterial. It effectively cleans and disinfects your pet against bacterial and fungal skin infections. This dog shampoo is a non-irritating and alcohol-free shampoo that is even useful for cats. It comes in 8 fl oz bottle.
- Benefits – PetArmor Antibacterial Antifungal Shampoo is a pet therapeutic topical shampoo with dual action benefit. It is the leading veterinary brands compared to others. This shampoo offers great value for great price. The 8 fl oz (236 ml) bottle of PetArmor can be bought under $10.
- Ingredients – There are two active ingredients i.e. chlorhexidine gluconate and ketoconazole in PetArmor Antibacterial Antifungal Shampoo. The 2% chlorhexidine gluconate helps fight and kill bacteria and the 1% ketoconazole helps stop fungus. Bacterial infections on pet skin tend to be moist, inflamed and often ooze whereas the fungal infections often exhibit scaling, crusting, raised lesions, hair loss, plus yeast-like odor. The PetArmor is Antibacterial Antifungal dog Shampoo that will stop the infection and cleanse the skin without causing further irritation.
- Directions – Wet your pet’s coat for a few minutes with water, apply PetArmor shampoo and work it into a lather, carefully avoiding its eyes. Rub your pet’s entire body thoroughly, such as the neck, chest, hindquarters, and legs, but carefully apply shampoo the ear flaps, lip folds, underbody areas, the base of the tail and any other affected areas. Allow the shampoo to rest on your pet for 5 to 10 minutes, then rinse well.
- Cautions – If redness or irritation persists after regular use or increases, discontinue use of PetArmor antibacterial antifungal dog shampoo and contact your veterinarian. Also, if your pet is not eating or drinking as usual then also contact your veterinarian.
- Precautions – This product is for topical use only. Avoid any contact with eyes. If eye contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water. This product may be harmful if your pet swallows it, so keep it away from food, drink, and other feeding stuff. If at all your pet swallows it, seek medical advice immediately and show the product container label. This product contains no substances which at their given concentration, are hazardous to health.
Veterinary formula clinical care antiseptic and antifungal shampoo reviews
The PetArmor Antibacterial Antifungal dog Shampoo has only positive feedback. On Amazon, it has received 4.9 out of 5 stars. The many positive feedback from customers includes – it did work for me, it is much better than the vet’s shampoo and it is a good smelling anti-fungal shampoo. Almost all Customers using PetArmor are very happy as it helps maintain bacteria/yeast overgrowth and avoid excessive vet visits that would end up providing either antibiotics or steroid for pet skin infection problems.
- The positive customer testimony from SusieQ – “Seems to be good so far,. Dog smells good. he has a skin problem and needs this special shampoo. Fair price for the quantity and product. If your dog has skin problems, try it! It is amazing and better than the cost at the Vet. Make sure he isn’t allergic to anything in the product”.
- The positive customer testimony from Randymoen – “My dog was scratching herself sore. After lots of visits to the vet and lots of money, I began using this shampoo every other day and she has not had to go back to the vet she has been using this now for 4 months. I like it much better than the vet’s shampoo and a fraction of the cost.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use PetArmor Antibacterial Antifungal Shampoo on puppies and kittens?
Yes, it can be used on puppies and kittens 6 months of age or older.
Can I use this dog Shampoo on pregnant or lactating dogs?
No. PetArmor Antibacterial Antifungal Shampoo should not be used on pregnant or lactating pets.
Can I use PetArmor Antibacterial Antifungal Shampoo on an older pet?
Yes. But, irrespective of pet age, if the condition worsens, contact your veterinarian immediately.
What is the difference between PetArmor Antibacterial Antifungal Shampoo and a regular shampoo?
PetArmor Antibacterial Antifungal Shampoo contains active ingredients to help fight bacterial and fungal infections on the skin and hair coat. It should be strictly used only when bacterial and/or fungal infections are present.
Can I use this product if my pet is on medication?
If your pet is on medication, consult your veterinarian before using.
Can I use this product with other topical products?
Before applying any additional products, allow your pet to dry thoroughly.
Bayer Healthcare’s Malaseb Dog Shampoo
- Product Description – Malaseb Shampoo is a unique combination of antibacterial and antifungal agents with coat conditioners. The shampoo helps your pet with dandruff, ringworms, yeast, and other bacterial infections. Malaseb Shampoo is a non-prescription (OTC) product.
- Features – Malaseb features antifungal and antimicrobial properties used for skin conditions such as ringworm, and dermatitis because of bacteria, fungi, and yeast. This antifungal dog shampoo works effectively to help a dog with fungal and bacterial infections. It is a Fragrance and dye-free dog shampoo. It contains a coat conditioner as well.
- Benefits – Malaseb is an antifungal and antimicrobial shampoo used for dermatological conditions such as ringworm and dermatitis caused by gram-positive bacteria, fungi, and yeast. This antifungal dog shampoo is beneficial to clean as well as decrease the pet coat. It is useful to treat ringworm and other yeast and bacterial infections. This dog shampoo can be used even for horses.
- Ingredients – This Antifungal shampoo for dogs contains two active Ingredients – Miconazole Nitrate 2% and Chlorhexidine Gluconate 2%. The ingredient Miconazole Nitrate is antifungal and works against yeast and fungi. Chlorhexidine Gluconate is antibacterial and fights against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. When these two ingredients combine it helps to remove scales, degrease the skin and kill dermatitis-causing microorganisms.
- Directions – For dogs with any weight – Wet dog coat thoroughly with water. Apply and lather Malaseb shampoo over the entire body and allow a minimum 10 minutes of contact time. Rinse completely with water. Use it twice a week until symptoms reduce or go away then use once a week or as directed by the veterinarian. Store this product at room temperature and in its original container only. Keep out of the reach of children.
- Cautions – If skin irritation develops or increases on the pet then discontinue use instantly and consult your veterinarian.
- Precautions – This product is for topical use on dogs and horses only. Please avoid contact with eyes. To prevent ingestion, do not allow the pet to lick the shampoo while bathing.
Best dog shampoo reviews
There are plenty of positive customer reviews of Malaseb shampoo on Amazon. It has received 4.7 out of 5 stars. Most of the customers mention it to be an excellent product that had made a real difference to clear up frequent dog’s skin issues. Few owners consider it best dog shampoo for puppies as well. For many dogs, it had helped to reduce itchiness and other skin problems. Many pet owners also state that buying this antimicrobial dog shampoo instead of incurring heavy cost on vet visits. However, some negative customer feedbacks include that the product didn’t work and not all dogs have the patience to stay in the shower for 10 minutes for the shampoo to work. Some even put up comments that the shampoo had no real improvement on pet itching problem.
- Positive Customer testimony by Heather – “There is not a better solution if you have a dog with frequent bacterial skin infections, seasonal allergies, flea allergies, or reddish oily skin. People seem obsessive in calling everything a food allergy…less than 1% of the time that is the case. Most often it’s just bad skin. Use this product every 6 weeks or every other day, until itching is gone for an instant cure! Vets prescribe wipes and other products with the same active ingredient, but this is the best method of applying and cheapest too.”
- Negative Customer testimony by William Gilsing – “I was really hoping with all my heart this would work for my dog. His itching is causing us both such misery. This antibacterial dog shampoo caused him to be worse, much worse. The dermatologist told that chlorhexidine can be an irritant to some. Used Malacetic Ultra and saw improvements immediately.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use this shampoo for puppies?
Yes, this best antifungal dog shampoo would help puppies with bacterial infections as well as dandruff, ringworms, and yeast infection
Can I use the shampoo in the ear to treat yeast infection in ears?
No, avoid contact with eyes, ears and even ingestion by a dog. It is for external use only.
What size bottle does Malaseb shampoo come in and at what price?
It comes in 237 ml and 473 ml sizes, retail priced at about $25 and $38, respectively. Maybe after discounts, you can buy this Antifungal Dog Shampoo online by saving up to $10.
Where to buy Malaseb shampoo?
You can buy Malaseb shampoo from many online stores such as Amazon, 1800petmeds.com etc.
SynergyLabs Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Antiseptic & Antifungal Medicated Shampoo
- Product Description – The Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Antiseptic & Antifungal Medicated Shampoo from SynergyLabs contains Benzethonium Chloride and Ketaconazole. This product helps relieve skin infections such as fungal dermatitis and bacterial pyoderma.
- Features – This Antiseptic & Antifungal Medication Shampoo for dogs combines many powerful ingredients. Key ingredients include Benzethonium Chloride to help eliminate bacteria that causes irritation and odor and Ketoconazole to treat fungal infections. This shampoo is a product of the United States.
- Benefits – This dog shampoo contains ingredients that are beneficial to eliminate bacteria, fungus, and odors. It comes with lanolin & Aloe Vera that is helpful to soothe skin and speeds healing. It comes in a 16 fl. oz. (473 ml). This product is helpful to safeguard against allergies (flea, food, contact, hereditary), hormonal disorders such as hypothyroidism, weakened immune system and trauma from grooming & scratching. The 16-oz (473 ml) bottle can economically be bought under $10.
- Ingredients – It contains Benzethonium Chloride that has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-microbial properties. It also includes purified water; Coconut Oil base cleaners, Ketoconazole USP, Glycol Disterate, Lanolin, Fragrance, DMDM-Hydantoin, Aloe Vera, Tetrasodium EDTA and FD&C Red #40. This is a Paraben free and 100% safe product that many vets recommend.
- Directions – Wet pet coat thoroughly. Apply shampoo and work into a thick lather. Massage well into a coat for full contact with the skin. Let it remain on the pet coat for 5-10 minutes. Rinse well. For best results, use this shampoo twice a week until skin conditions improve then once a week to prevent flare-ups.
- Precautions – It is for topical use only on dogs. It can also be used on cats and horses. Use this product on animals over 12 weeks. Avoid contact with eyes. If skin irritation develops or increases, discontinue use and consult your veterinarian.
Petarmor antibacterial antifungal shampoo reviews
The SynergyLabs Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Antiseptic Antifungal dog shampoo reviews are mixed. There are many customer reviews stating it to be an excellent product that works great. Many people also commented it to be a great stuff that is effective yet economical dog shampoo. Most of the people mentioned that it helped the dog eliminate itching problems, smell better and makes the fur soft and shiny. This gentle yet strong dog shampoo had helped many dogs stop itching troubles. However, there are some negative customer reviews about it as well. For some dogs, there was no difference in their infection problems. Few negative reviews also mentioned that the dog condition got worst after using this shampoo.
- Positive Customer testimony by FairyTails – “I purchased this shampoo for a dog with itchy, yeast infection prone skin. She had been on an expensive vet prescribed shampoo prior. I can honestly say this shampoo helps keep the yeast and infections on her skin in control at just a fraction of the price. At her last vet visit, the vet even said her skin was looking great for a dog with these issues. Of course, contact your vet before changing any medical treatments, but this shampoo was a miracle for my girl. Even being shampooed weekly, her skin/fur is not dried from this shampoo.”
- Negative Customer testimony by Sooz – “My dog has a fungal infection from her allergies and licking her irritated skin. I have been using this product for two weeks, five washes, and my dog still has fungus growing up her paws and her legs. The infection is actually getting worse.”
Frequently Asked Questions
In what sizes does SynergyLabs Antiseptic & Antifungal Medicated Shampoo for dogs available?
It is offered in two sizes – 16 fl. oz. (473 ml) and a Gallon. (3.79 liters)
Does this product help against ringworm problems?
Yes, it helps the dog to reduce fungal infections such as ringworm, yeast, etc.
Does any ingredients in this product allergic to my dog?
Before using any new product it is suggested to consult vet as he/she can direct you better for any allergic substances for your pet.
Where can I buy antibacterial antifungal spray online?
Sites such as petarmor provide antibacterial antifungal spray online at an affordable rate. You will also find that petarmor has Antibacterial antifungal shampoos at a cheap price.
Can I order malacetic wipes from Australia?
Websites such as Amazon carry malacetic wipes at an economical price.
Where To Buy Antifungal Dog Shampoo Online?
The above mentioned best 3 Antifungal Dog Shampoo can easily be bought online. However, the best online sites to buy Bayer Malaseb Shampoo are from 1800petmeds.com, Petarmor Antibacterial Antifungal Shampoo is from petarmor.com and the SynergyLabs Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Antiseptic & Antifungal Shampoo 16-oz bottle is from synergylabs.com. All these products are available online on Amazon. You can also buy them online from here to get product information plus honest reviews from the verified purchaser.
Homemade Antifungal Dog shampoo
Ready to use antifungal dog shampoo are available in lot variety, but sometimes it may not work on your pet. So, why not DIY Antifungal Dog Shampoo for your loving dog. Yes, Homemade Antifungal Dog shampoo is the best natural remedy you can provide it. A homemade mixture of the following things will work wonderfully on your pet.
- 1 cup Dial anti-bacterial soap
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbs of water
This is a most common recipe to treat fungal and bacterial infections on a dog skin. This affordable and effective shampoo for the dog will mostly treat the 3I’s, itching, inflammation, and infection for your pet.
Fungal infections in pets if left unnoticed may elevate to severe health problems. Thus, it is paramount to treat the fungal infection as soon as it is observed. Be watchful for any underlying symptoms of skin problems and select the best shampoo to treat your dog. Also, consider the allergies that your dog have before buying dog shampoo and see that it is best compatible with your dog. With the help of the above best 3 antifungal antibacterial dog shampoo reviews, you can easily select your preferred brand to help your pet offer relief from fungal and bacterial infection.