Heartworm in dogs is preventable and prevention is simple with Valuheart. Manufactured by Value Plus Valuheart heartworm tablets for dogs are an affordable and effective monthly preventative. It contains ivermectin, the most widely used drug to prevent heartworm in dogs for over ten years. Keep reading for the complete details of Valuheart Heartworm Tablets For Dogs Review.
What is Valuheart Heartworm Tablets for Dogs
Valuheart Monthly Heartworm Preventative tablet offers an affordable option to control heartworm disease, without compromising on safety. It contains Ivermectin, the leading active ingredient in monthly heartworm prevention medication.
This tablet works by eliminating the tissue stage of heartworm larvae (Dirofilia immitis) that may infect the dog in the month (30 days) before treatment. However, it is not effective against adult stage Dirofilia immitis, but it may reduce the number of circulating microfilariae to undetectable levels.
This tablets packaging is color coded depending on the size (dog’s weight in kilograms) to make identifying the correct packet easy and simple. Its ingredient Ivermectin comes distributed evenly throughout the tablet for easy and accurate dosing.
When used as directed, Valuheart offers a wide margin of safety for dogs of all breeds, including stud dogs, breeding bitches and puppies 6 weeks of age and older.
Features of Valuheart Heartworm Tablets
- Administer Valuheart only once in a month.
- It is the generic equivalent of Heartgard and offers the same protection at a substantial saving.
- Safe to combine this tablet with flea and tick treatments
- It is available in packs of 6 tablets or 12 tablets
- It is available in three varieties according to the weight of dogs – Small Dogs up to 10kg (22lbs), Medium 11 – 20kg (23lbs – 44 lbs) and Large 21 – 40kg (45lbs – 88lbs).
- These tablets are further color coded for added convenience – blue, green and gold colors indicates for small, medium and large dogs respectively
- Prices starts from $14 for 6 tablets and $30 for 12 tablets
Dogs Valuheart Heartworm Tablets Ingredients
It contains only active ingredient – Ivermectin. It is not a combination product and does not contain any additional chemicals that may constitute in over medicating your dog.
Directions of Use
Administer Valuheart once a month, year round for the prevention of heartworm disease. The standard dose of ivermectin in dogs up to 10 kg is 60 mcg -1 tablet from blue pack, for 11-20kg, is 120 mcg – 1 tablet from green pack and for 21 to 40 kg is 240mcg – 1 tablet from the gold pack. For dogs over 40 kg give a combination of tablets. Administer with 1 Valuheart Monthly Heartworm Tablet for Large Dogs, plus half a tablet for every additional 20kg.
|Small Dog||1/4 tablet||1/2 tablet||1 whole tablet||–||–|
|Medium Dog||–||1/4 tablet||1/2 tablet||1 whole tablet|
|Large Dog||–||–||1/4 tablet||1/2 tablet||1 whole tablet|
Valuheart Heartworm Tablets for Dogs Cautions
- Do not use in puppies under 6 weeks of age
- Do not use for dogs allergic to it.
- Perform Heartworm testing prior to the start of prevention therapy.
- If the dog is off Ivermectin for 6 months or less, start the medication and test after 6 months as microfilaria may take 6 months to mature, resulting in a positive test result.
Valuheart Heartworm Tablets Possible Side Effects
The side effects of Valuheart Heartworm tablets for Dogs (Ivermectin) are rare at the recommended dosage. It has a wide margin of safety for all sizes and breeds of dogs. It is safe to use in puppies as young as 6 weeks, small dogs, pregnant, lactating or breeding bitches and stud dogs. However, in clinical trials post treatment, some dogs with high circulating microfilariae show transient diarrhea.
Valuheart Heartworm Tablets Customer Reviews
You will find impressive pet owners reviews for Valuheart Heartworm Tablets. Most of the users say it is very effective, easy to use and good value tablets. They are easy to break in half and mix with food. Many people opine that with Valuheart Heartworm protection is really reasonable. One customer is using it for his 2 dogs since they were 12 months old. Now they are 7 years old and healthy. He puts the tablet in their food. These are very good value and considerably cheaper than annual injections. Most of the users highly recommend this product.
Valuheart Heartworm Tablets are a preventive and affordable measure for all types of dogs. Use them year round to protect your pet. However, it is advisable to conduct periodical testing for heartworm in dogs.
Originally posted 2017-04-04 04:54:53.