This article is all about Natural Home Remedies For Dog Ear Infection. Be it any types of inner ear infections, you can treat them at home with these simple remedies that works. Read on to know all about it.
Ear infection in dogs is a common health problem. Symptoms may include scratching ears, shaking his head, or getting agitative for no reason. If your pet scratches behind the ear, it might be indications of ear infection. Canine ear infections are of 3 types. Inner ear infection, middle ear infection and outer ear infection. It’s easy to cure outer ear infection. Outer ear infection comes with a bad odor of waxy discharge and inflammation. In case of middle and inner ear infection, it’s best to consult a vet. Some of the major causes of ear infection in dogs are-
- Improper hygiene
- Bacterial infections
- Fungal growth
- Unhealthy environment
- Food allergies
- Mite infestation
Home remedies for Canine Ear Infection
To help your furry friend overcome this problem, try these Natural Home Remedies For Dog Ear Infection.
- Apple cider vinegar – How to treat dog ear infection with Apple cider vinegar? Home remedies such as vinegar or ACV is an effective remedy for treating dog ear infections. Add 2 tablespoons of ACV to a cup of water. Give it to your dog at least 2 times a week. You can also cleanse his/her ears with this solution.
- Hydrogen peroxide for dog ear infection with ACV – Alternatively, you can mix equal quantities of hydrogen peroxide and ACV. Pour this solution on your pet’s ear. Rub the base of the ear. To clean the ear, use a cotton ball. This will prevent the growth of bacteria or yeast.
- Tea tree oil – it acts as a powerful disinfectant. Ear infections are often come with a bad odor. Tea tree oil gives a natural disinfectant smell. Do not use tea tree oil in high concentrations.
- Margosa oil – Another home remedy for dog’s ear infection is Margosa oil which is an extract of the seeds of Azadirachta indica. It is commonly known by the name Neem (in India and Sri Lanka). The anti-microbial properties of Margosa oil help in treating ear infections at home. You can prepare a herbal ear cleaner with neem oil. Mix 1/2 tsp eucalyptus oil, 1 tsp tea tree oil, 1/2 oz olive oil and 1 oz margosa oil. Put 10-20 drops of this mixture into the infectious ear, using a dropper. In fact, it is known as one of the natural ear drops for ear infection. Massage the base of the ear gently to spread the oil. Margosa oil will provide soothing effect. It relieves your pet from inflammation.
More Natural Home Remedies For Dog Ear Infection….
- Mullein extract – mullein extract is a common ingredient in natural ear drops. Mullein extract has beneficial properties to treat certain types of ear infections. It will sooth the ear from inflammation.
- Aloe Vera gel – use warm aloe vera gel to get rid of canine ear infections. Pour 1 tsp of aloe vera gel in each ear of your dog. It helps to cure redness and irritation in the ear.
- White vinegar – combine white vinegar and water. This is another natural home remedies for dog ear infection. The quantity of vinegar in the mixture should be enough to dry out the excess water. Left over water will lead to irritation. Make sure vinegar dries out the excess water. The mixture should be poured at room temperature. Cool mixture when poured to dog’s ear can cause more pain.
- Rosemary oil – the anti-bacterial properties of rosemary oil can be used as a soothing agent. It provides relief from inflammation and irritation in the ears.
- Probiotic yogurt – Does your dog have yeast infections in the ears? Probiotic yogurt is a best remedy for yeast infections. Apply a small amount of organic probiotic yogurt to his ear. Rub well.
- Almond oil – Use warm almond oil to get rid of wax and dirt from the ear. Insert 1/2 teaspoon of almond oil in each ear. This helps to reduce infection.
Herbal Remedies For Canine Ear Infections
You can treat dog ear infection at home without the vet’s help. These herbs can help clear ear dirt and wax. It gives a soothing effect for your pet. For prevention, you can use a mild herbal ear remedy once a month or so. Following herbs can be used for treating ear problems naturally.
- Chamomile – is one of the powerful home remedies for dog ear infections. its anti-inflammatory and anti-septic properties help to soothe the sore ears. Chamomile has a powerful ability to calm your pet.
- St. John’s wort – benefits your pet’s ear both internally and externally. It provides a soothing effect for your pet during infection.
- Calendula – use it to treat local skin and external ear problems. Calendula works both internally and externally.
- Mullein – best remedy you can give to your pet suffering from infection. It can sooth and heal any inflammatory ear surfaces. For dogs with ear infections, use mullein extract externally in the ear canal.
- Garlic – in case of mild infection, macerated garlic can be used. Steep 2 garlic cloves in olive oil. Let the mixture sit for 2 weeks. Strain it. Put 2-3 drops of the mixture in the pet’s ear. Use it daily until the infection heals fully.
- Witch hazel – is an excellent astringent that reduces swelling in the ear canal. It gives your pet a great relief from pain due to ear infection.
The beneficial ingredients like Goat’s rue herb added in Blood Sugar Gold by Pet Wellbeing helps with heathy blood sugar levels. Equally, it supports the liver health. Thus, making it a valuable addition to this tonic.
Wysong vegan dog food reviews states that it is an excellent base to a fresh meat source, made by Dr. Wysong. Equally, worth at offering certain benefits of epigenetics and nutrigenomics. Read out!
If prescription drugs are not effective, why not try home remedies? These natural home remedies for dog ear infection work nearly as fast as other veterinary drugs. They are also safe and do not give any side effects. So, spend some time with your pet for his healthy wellbeing. Dogs are known for their friendliness and loving nature. Your little care and attention can bring so much of happiness in your pet.
Originally posted 2016-04-16 00:00:41.