Your dog is such a wonderful piece of joy in your home. He has his own ways to make you feel loved. Each time, he surprises you with his immense love and care, that you feel so much special. Yeah truly, its a wonderful feeling. But what if your furry friend has a bad breath and he is a dog that likes to be in your face? Well, that doesn’t sound good. It might affect the bonding between you both. Thankfully, there are natural ways to get rid of stinky dog breath. Following 6 tips will really make a difference for you and your dog.
- Avoid giving your dog smelling treats: Most dog dry foods that are available on the sore are pretty mild in scent. Treats on the other hand can sometimes be stinky. Stinky dog treats can make your dog stink badly.
- Assess what you are up against: See to it that your dog’s teeth is healthy and away from bacteria and germs. If you can see a brown calculus on the teeth anywhere in the mouth, it means that you need to take him to the vet as home treatments cannot help you from this. Check with your vet and make sure your doggies teeth is clean. This will help your dog from bad breath.
- Brush his teeth: Although its a hectic task to brush your dog’s teeth as he won’t feel good to put a brush inside his mouth, brushing his teeth at least once daily can improve his dental health. By brushing his teeth every day, you can remove the plague and stimulate blood flow to the gums. This helps to limit bad breath and reduce dental disease and pain. Make sure you are using only dog toothpaste and human toothpaste if swallowed by the dog can cause vomiting.
- Use mouth fresheners or rinsers to flush out his mouth: There are many products designed to flush out the food residue from your dog’s mouth and to improve his breath. The mouth freshening sprays will be of great help as they help in improving the overall dental hygiene.
- Water additives: There are food and water additives that help maintain a slick and smooth surface on the tooth enamel. This helps to keep your dog’s teeth stay protected from plague. There are also enzyme powders that can be added to food to help encourage dental immunity and fight tartar build-up. Do a trial to ensure that your dog will not stop drinking water or eating the food with the additive in it.
- Use a breath freshening treat or look for dental chews: Dental chews like Minties Bones from Vet IQ are chews that help reduce plague and tartar build up in your dog’s teeth. These mouth freshening chews clean your dog’s teeth and freshens his breath. They come in different sizes based on your dog’s weight. They have a gentle toothpaste like smell which smells fresh. If you are not sure of giving him the right dental chews, you can ask for your vet’s advice. Ask him for dental chews that are best suited for your dog.
I hope these simple tips can help you to get rid of bad breath from your dog. Give them a try and feel the difference.
Originally posted 2016-03-13 09:31:23.